Volunteer at STEM Fest!
We are looking for engaging, confident and organised individuals to come along to STEM Fest and help us make the event a success!
As a volunteer you will be helping organisers to enforce safety requirements, keep students moving around the activities in a timely way, signposting people and visitors & generally helping with keeping the event organised and safe. All Volunteers need to be able to do the following:
- Must be available in the afternoon of 30th September to attend an induction at the Villa Marina
- Must be available on 1 &/or 2 October 2019
- Be able to follow basic Health & Safety procedures and be confident to communicate with children
We need 3 chaperones on each day, who will be responsible for leading their group of approximately 100 students around the event. Essential criteria for Chaperone Volunteers at STEM Fest are:
- Good communication skills
- Confidence in group conversations & talking to groups of young students
We are looking for 10 general volunteers and would need them to complete tasks such as:
engaging students in the activities, get students wristbands attached, help to set up activities, supervising students and watching the exits, clear up, and just generally helping to keep the event flowing on time.
Media and Marketing Volunteers
We’re also looking for media and marketing students who might enjoy the opportunity to do filming and reporting at STEM Fest! You could come along and interview exhibitors and write articles for our website! Any budding camera operators are welcome to film at the event & permission from schools and the organisers will be arranged in advance of your attendance.
Volunteers taking part in STEM Fest will receive:
- A STEM Fest T-shirt & goodie bag
- A certificate (optional)
- A testimonial for your CV (optional)
- First Aid training & pre-event induction
- An opportunity to network with local company representatives
Sign me up!
To find out more about volunteering at STEM Fest please email Carrie Yates: [email protected] or call Carrie on 01624 664000.
When making contact, please supply Carrie with this initial information about yourself: Name, age, place of work or education, reasons for wishing to volunteer & any particular skills you think you can bring to the event.